Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Review: Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones

http://www.daryndajones.com/second-grave-on-the-left/Second Grave on the Left
by Darynda Jones
Series: Charley Davidson (#2)
Published by: St. Martin's Press
August 16th 2011
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Humor
Format: Hardcover
Source: Borrowed (Public Library)

Rating: 4 Stars



     This story had a lot of acronyms attached to it, among then been OMG and WTF. I couldn't read it fast enough (I'm not a fast reader plus I had to work) but it was worth every moment I spent on it.

     Charley is still witty and fun and charismatic. She is still 100 percent team Reyes (yes lady keep your eyes over there not my Swopes) and still been the best consultant for the police department in between doing her private investigator stuff and helping the dead find closure.

     I think Cookie should ask for more payment! She is a miracle worker and a fast researcher. But when this two get together there is some strong friendship in there even if Cooks is older that Charley. I think their friendship gives the story a more sentimental value then anything else and I don't think this books would work without that.

     As for poor Reyes that guy is more screwed with a capital F than any one person should. But he is the son of Satan after all so I don't think he can have it all sunshine and flowers. I just think the dude should get at least one brake from all the crazy.

     I can wait for more of this series and more of my man Swopes!

rollbackweek-review

No comments:

If you like my reviews, please follow my blog and/or any of my social media pages displayed on this blog.

Thanks and have a great day!