Follow Me @minnie_medina

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Review: Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis

15724908Persephone
by Kaitlin Bevis
Series: Daughters of Zeus (#1)
Published by: BelleBooks Publishing
May 31st 2015
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher (Netgalley)

Rating: 5 Stars



     "Persephone..."

     That my friend is the start of the best journey I've had in quite a while and let me tell you it is a journey you cannot miss. I can't even put into words how much I liked this book. From the very beginning there is action, adventure and a slew of other thing that will grab your interest and not let you go even when the story is finished.

     This is the story of Persephone and Hades like you've never seen it before. It is a different story than what you are used to and that is part of the allure. Plus everything in the story has a purpose. You won't even guess how it all ends. It is one surprise after the other and it leaves you wanting more.

     I like that Persephone is attracted to Hades and even tho she is only 16 (until the end of the story when she turns 17) she was not obsessing about him and making the story revolve around that "how do I make him like me; am I wearing to much make up? Too little?" insecurities other teen books I've read focus on.

     I can't wait to read the next book and see what else is in store for this two characters (that little excerpt at the end has me needing more, it was not enough!)

No comments: