Thursday, June 4, 2015

ARC Review: The Beautiful One by Emily Greenwood

23510358The Beautiful One
by Emily Greenwood
Series: The Scandalous Sisters (#1)
Published by: Casablanca
June 2nd 2015
Genre: Historical Romance
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher (Netgalley)

Rating: 4 Stars




     This is a new author to me and I fell in love with Emily Greenwood's writing. This is a very unique story and it had me wishing I was a faster reader so I could devour the book in one sit but now that is over I want it to never have ended!

     Anna went into hiding after finding there is a book of nude drawings featuring herself. She was spied on and she knows if that book is connected to her she will be ruined. She ends up going to a school for girls and changing her name from Anna Black Bistrol to to just plain Anna Black. She ends up becoming the companion to Elizabeth Tariton the Viscount Grandville's ward in her journey to Stillwell.

     Anna's journey to finding love and helping Will come out of his funk and become the Viscount he was meant to be was heart moving and at times just too funny. I was surprised by the French Letter (condom) and had to look it up online. It is quite interesting to learn about new things. I didn't know condoms were that old! LOL I think what Will did with the tower for Anna at the end was really sweet and I'm glad everything worked for her.

     I look forward to the next book on the series which I hope it is Lizzie and Tommy's. In the mean time I have three more books to read by this author.

No comments:

If you like my reviews, please follow my blog and/or any of my social media pages displayed on this blog.

Thanks and have a great day!