Monday, May 4, 2015

ARC Re-Release Review: Wolf Bride by Elizabeth Moss

http://www.elizabethmossfiction.com/p/wolf-bride.htmlWolf Bride
by Elizabeth Moss
Series: Lust in the Tudor Court (#1)
Published by: Casablanca
May 5th 2015
Genre: Historical Romance
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher (Netgalley)

Rating: 3.5 Stars



     I didn't know if I wanted to give this book 3 or 4 stars. This is one of the few books that I've given a .5 because I'm undecided.

     There where somethings that annoyed the itches out of me. Mostly that Eloise was always misunderstanding what Wolf was doing. I get the scene with the king (if she didn't believe Wolf everything would have gone down the hill), and at the beginning of their marriage (since she didn't know him) but the rest I just didn't get. She didn't even had a kernel of doubt. I mean he did ask her to trust him no matter what happened and she agreed with it.

     As for Wolf himself? Oh my! *Fans self* What a man. I think if the story was all from his POV this would have been a 5+ stars review. But alas it was not. He was very sure of himself and in his position within the king's ranks. Even that odious Cromwell with all his influence with the king didn't put a damp on his knowledge that the king was more likely to believe him that any of the court gossip.

     I will give this series a try again with the next book Rebel Bride since I was intrigued by Hugh throughout the book and more so after that ending. I just hope I don't get annoyed by Sussanah's POV.

No comments:

If you like my reviews, please follow my blog and/or any of my social media pages displayed on this blog.

Thanks and have a great day!