Monday, April 6, 2015

ARC Review: The Duke's Disaster by Grace Burrowes

21996394The Duke's Disaster
by Grace Burrowes
Published by: Casablanca
April 7th 2015
Genre: Historical Romance
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher (Netgalley)

Rating: 5 Stars




     I LOOOOOOOOVED IT!!!!

     This book had me on edge from the first page. It was full of intrigue, anticipation, suspense and some action.

     It was intriguing; it was a different sort of story from the usual virgin sacrifice, where the Lady is arrange to the marriage by her father or family patron to help keep the family from going penniless or to ensure an alliance. It was anticipating and suspenseful because it left you wondering at Lady Thea's past and kept you guessing and changing your mind every other chapter and it had some guns and knives involved in there somewhere too.

     I fell in love with Noah and his willing to see the good in Thea even when he had his doubts about some of the things or her past even when I had the urge to hit him upside the head. As for Thea I think she turned out to be a great duchess, though she can do better, which I think she'll do with time and the love, acceptance and reassurance from her husband.

     I will most assuredly be reading more of Mrs. Burrowes' books and I would like to read a book about Thea's brother Tims and/or Noha's brother Harlan.

No comments:

If you like my reviews, please follow my blog and/or any of my social media pages displayed on this blog.

Thanks and have a great day!