Follow Me @minnie_medina

Monday, March 16, 2015

ARC Review: Married to a Perfect Stranger by Jane Ashford

21996365Married to a Perfect Stranger
by Jane Ashford
Published by: Casablanca
March 3rd 2015
Genre: Historical Romance
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher (Netgalley)

Rating: 5 Stars




     Lately I have been in a reading funk but I am glad to report that this book has help me with that. From the first page I was sucked in and loved every minute of this story.

     This story was very different from any other historical romance I've read. First, the MCs were already married. Then they are not from the ton, they are what you'd call middle class in this times.

     John is trying to advance in his work, we could say he is trying to get promoted, by going above and beyond his job requirements. Meanwhile his wife is trying to help him as best she can, but with her skills to see beyond what's on the surface of what a person shows the word when she is painting, she might be more of a hindrance or will she?

     The characters are flawed, which makes them more human. It gives them characteristics with which to identify with. I laughed with the monkey scene. The situation with his and her family made a little sad. The MCs were just put together because their family thought of them as being just mindless, gullible people with no thoughts of their own? That is just some messed up family issues.

     This is the first time I've read this author and I can say that I'll be reading her again. I just hope Caroline and Conolly get a book of their own too.

No comments: