Monday, February 9, 2015

ARC Review: Filthy Rich by Dawn Ryder

18509612Filthy Rich
by Dawn Ryder
Published by: Casablanca
February 3rd 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher (Netgalley)

Rating: 3 Stars




     It took me a some time to warm up to this book. Nartan Lupan was a bit creepy and stalker-ish and Celeste was just to dang idiotic.

     I would have liked for the characters to have a little more interaction with secondary characters for the story to feel more real to me.

     I liked that the author put different POVs in the story but would have liked to have them a little earlier in the story, not in the last third of the book only. That way it would have had more meaning. I also started to get into the story about a quarter in. Nartan and Celeste's romance started to flourish and Celeste started to let down her walls down more and more as she noticed that Nartan was not like her ex-husband. He did not want to control her, just wanted to keep her safe.

     There are many a woman mistreated, but just a few of them let go of the fear they hold and see that there are good men out there and there are a lot of people who want to help them.

     I would like a story about Laura and Marcus, either together or each one having a book of their own. But what I;m really looking forward to is reading Tarak and Sabra's story Out of Bounds.

No comments:

If you like my reviews, please follow my blog and/or any of my social media pages displayed on this blog.

Thanks and have a great day!