Follow Me @minnie_medina

Friday, February 6, 2015

ARC Review: Earls Just Want to Have Fun by Shana Galen

http://www.shanagalen.com/earls-just-want-to-have-fun.phpEarls Just Want to Have Fun
by Shana Galen
Series: Covent Garden Cubs (#1)
Published by: Casablanca
February 3rd 2015
Genre: Historical Romance
Format: eARC
Source: Publisher (Netgalley)

Rating: 4 Stars



   If you know me you know that my favorite genre is Historical Romance, but you also know that I am very picky as to the authors I read in this genre as not everyone knows how to write it. Well it is with absolute certainty that I tell you that I am glad I decided to try Ms Shana Galen. This book had me glued to it from the first page.

     It was a bit confusing with the words that Marlowe spoke (flash ken, swell, bubble, etc.) at first but then I got the gits of it and was easier to understand her. But I'm sad to say that's way this book it's not a five stars for me. I just couldn't enjoy it every time she made a reference with those kinds of words.

     As for the rest I loved the story. It was funny and full of action and adventure. I liked the part where Lord Dane "shooed" away the three boys and made Beezele? (I don't remember his name at the moment). It showed to Marlowe that he really cared what happened to her. And that was really something that she needed to know.

     Last thing I have to say is that again if you know me you know that I love a good book that makes my cry. Well this book did that. In fact I bawled my eyes out with that ending! I knew how they where going to figure it out but the events before just about ripped my heart. I can NOT wait for the next book which I hope is Brook's or Gideon's.

No comments: