Friday, December 5, 2014

Review Box Set 1: Inked in the Steel City by Ranae Rose

22405306

Hot InkHot Ink
by Ranae Rose
Series: Inked in the Steel City (#1)
Published by: Self-Published by Author
December 15th 2012
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: eBook
Source: Author

Rating: 4 Stars



   I have been wanting to read this author for sometime but I haven't been able to for personal reasons, so when I saw that the author was willing to spare a few copies of the first three books of the series I couldn't resist to apply for one. I am SO glad I did.

     We have in this first book Mina a bank teller who is secretly crushing for her tattoo artist. She doesn't think any man will when something long term with her because she isn't able to give the relationship the time it needs. But then Eric shows her that he doesn't care if she has other responsibilities as long as she can spare some time for him and that he really understands where she's coming from.

     This is a very touching story. The characters are in sync and have spark when they're together and I liked that Eric gives Mina his understanding and support when dealing with Jess, Mina's sister.

     The only thing I didn't like was that everything was close (time wise) and that it jumped to a couple month later on the epilogue. I would have like to read a bit more in the interim before that last scene. But overall I loved the book.

Innocent InkInnocent Ink
by Ranae Rose
Series: Inked in the Steel City (#2)
Published by: Self-Published by Author
May 27th 2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: eBook
Source: Author

Rating: 4 Stars



     This second book is about Karen, Mina's BFF, and Jed, Eric's boss and Hot Ink's owner. Karen started taking pictures for Hot Ink (that's how Mina and Eric finally got together) and since the first time she saw Jed she's had a crush on him. Jed for his part is attracted to Karen also but he doesn't want to make a move on her because he thinks it will hold her back with her photography business.

     When they finally come together they are explosive but still the fear is there in Jed's heart that Karen will leave to pursue a better path to her career. But when the time comes for her to make it big she realizes that what she really wants is to capture the special moments in peoples lives and/or things people will admire for years (like the tattoos).

     There was a little more intimacy in this story (I guess there is no teenager to schedule around) but still there are all the things I look for in a story. I liked this one a litter better because the timeline was about evenly distributed (not like in the first book where it ended and then it was a couple months later) and it was a bit longer (although I would have liked it to be longer).

Dedicated InkDedicated Ink
by Ranae Rose
Series: Inked in the Steel City (#3)
Published by: Self-Published by Author
July 29th 2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: eBook
Source: Author

Rating: 5 Stars



     Okay, I don't know why but I like stories where the MC finds herself pregnant. Here Abby got pregnant after a one-night stand (even though she was on the pill (yes those things fail too)) and she doesn't know what to do. But what she isn't expecting is for the father of her baby to walk into Hot Ink with an appointment with her.

     After she confesses of been his twins they start a relationship but Sam doesn't want to be intimate with Abby for fear she might think he wants her for only a good time, meanwhile Abby feels like Sam doesn't want to touch her because she is getting big. When they talk it out there is nothing that can keep them apart from each other, specially with Abby's hormones all over the place.

     I like the timeline to this story. It was in a span of a couple months and when it ended I didn't feel like it needed more (not that I would have minded). There where parts of the story that had me misty eyed and that is huge plus in my book.

     I was afraid to start this author (I have bought some books that haven't been that good and wasted my money) but thanks to Ranae for this free copy I'll definitively be buying the next three, hopping for more and trying more of her books (the Lock and Key series looks amazing too ;P)

No comments:

If you like my reviews, please follow my blog and/or any of my social media pages displayed on this blog.

Thanks and have a great day!