Tuesday, October 28, 2014

ARC Review: Highland Wolf Pact by Selena Kitt

Highland Wolf Pact
by Selena Kitt
Series: Scottish Werewolf Shifter (#1)
Published by: Excessica Publishing
October 15, 2014
Genre: Historical Romance, Paranormal
Format: eARC
Source: Author

Rating: 5 Stars



     Two of my favorite genres are Scot Historical and Paranormal Romances. Put them together and what do we get? Highland Wolf Pact.

     Selena Kitt is a new author for me and I don't really venture into new territory often when it comes to Scottish historical books. Many authors don't know how to write historical Scottish books but I'm really glad I tried her. I love a book that can transport me to the era and time it's been written in and I got that in this book. Also it grabbed my attention from the beginning and held it throughout the entire book.

     We have Sybil, who is an English woman, that has been promised to a Scot laird. But like any marriage in that times it was an arranged one and not one made of love. He was man who thought himself entitled and saw her more of a possession, like a child with a new toy, than a woman and future mother of his children. For this reason Sybil decided to run away.

     The day she was to run away she was forced to defy Alastair, her betrothed, in order to save a pregnant wolf that he was planing to kill. And then she was rescued by Raife, a man she later realized was a Wolver or man-wolf.

     I liked that even when they knew they had an attraction to each other early on they didn't act on it quickly. Time passes on, days, weeks and months, before they get intimate with each other. Then of course things happen were Sybil has to return to the McFalcon clan and it puts a dent in Sybil and Raife's relationship but in the end all gets fixed.

     There just one thing that would have made it an even better book and that was if it had had another POV besides Sybil's. But everything else was amazing. I can't wait for the next book. I hope is Kristin's. 

No comments:

If you like my reviews, please follow my blog and/or any of my social media pages displayed on this blog.

Thanks and have a great day!